Amalgam Filling Removal
Amalgam fillings can have an impact on your oral or general health.
Facts and figures about mercury:
- Mercury is the most toxic non-radioactive metal in the world.
- A large posterior filling can have up to 0.5g of mercury in the mixture
- 0.5g of mercury in a 10 acre lake would result in an advisory warning not to eat fish from that lake due to the levels of mercury.
- According to the World Health Organisation (WHO 1991, advisory paper), the exposure to mercury from dental fillings is greater than all other sources combined (including eating fish).
- Mercury is transported via the trigeminal nerve through the blood brain barrier to the brain.
- Mercury targets tissue of high metabolic rate such as the Heart, Lungs, Kidney, Liver and Brain.
For the full scientific evidence please read: “The scientific case against mercury” by the International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology, www.iaomt.org, Safe Removal of Mercury.